Nose-to-Tail Cat and Dog Exams in Lakeland, FL
A physical exam is an extremely important first step towards understanding your pet’s condition (particularly if they’re ill) and moving their treatment in the right direction. At Parkway Veterinary Emergency Clinic in Lakeland, our veterinarians perform thorough, nose-to-tail cat and dog exams that involve:
- Checking the heart and lungs
- Checking body temperature
- Assessing weight
- Examining the eyes, ears, nose, and mouth
- Palpating the abdomen to feel for abnormal hardness, lumps, or painful areas
- Examining all the limbs and checking range of motion
- Feeling for potential bone fractures and tendon injuries
- Answering your questions and asking some of our own to help guide your pet’s treatment
Call (863) 665-3199 if your pet needs immediate medical attention.
Additional Aspects of the Exam
Following the physical exam, we may need to move on to doing blood work and/or imaging for a more accurate diagnosis. This testing should provide us with a clearer picture of your pet’s overall condition and give us the answers we need to pursue an effective treatment plan. We’ll be sure to let you know what your pet’s options are and help you make the best decisions on their behalf.
For pets with health issues that do not reveal obvious outward signs, a physical exam is crucial in helping our veterinary team find and understand the underlying problem. If your dog or cat seems to be very ill and isn’t acting like themselves, we encourage you to contact us at (863) 665-3199 or come right over so we can figure out the problem and hopefully give you peace of mind.