Information on COVID-19
To our valued Parkway Veterinary Emergency Clinic Clients, Patients, and Referral Partners:
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to affect our daily lives, the veterinary healthcare team at PVEC is committed to caring for your family while minimizing the risk to you, your pet and our team. Our goal is to continue to provide the care your pet needs while maintaining reasonable social distancing. We are implementing some innovative practices to help care for your pet during this unprecedented time.
PVEC is proud to announce convenient online check-in. This easily accessible online tool allows you to hold your space in line through your computer or mobile device and see expected wait times.
Car-side Care: Your PATH to veterinary urgent care
We have implemented car-side care to limit exposure and provide social distancing as recommended by the CDC. In only certain situations will clients be entering our hospital and the number of people in one area or an examination room will be kept to a minimum. We request that only one person brings your pet in and be prepared to wait in your car for the duration of the appointment. Drop off appointments are strongly encouraged to limit waiting time. Our client care team will be happy to answer any questions you may have and support you through the process. When visiting PVEC we ask that you follow these guidelines to protect yourself and our team.
Guidelines for your Car-side Care appointment are as follows:
- Park and Call from your vehicle when you arrive at the parking lot
- Please remain in your vehicle with your animal.
- A veterinary healthcare professional will discuss your needs by phone when you arrive.
- At the end of the phone conversation, a care professional will come to the parking lot to bring your pet into the building for assessment
- The veterinarian and healthcare team will complete a complete physical examination of your pet and update you via telephone on your pet’s status.
- At this time, the veterinarian will discuss necessary diagnostics and a treatment plan moving forward. Verbal consent for treatment and details surrounding financial costs will be authorized via this phone call.
- Updates will be given regularly via phone by your medical team.
- Once the care of your animal is complete, the discharge process will be discussed.
- It is our pleasure to be Here when you need us!
PVEC is now offering virtual visits through our remote healthcare services platform, TeleVet! This convenient option will allow our veterinarians to provide a ‘virtual’ exam from the comfort of your own home. This innovative platform reinforces social distancing and is a convenient way to have your pet assessed and receive recommendations for next steps.
To get started, download the TeleVet app on the iTunes or Google Play store and create your personal profile and your pets (pictures encouraged!). When you need us, create a consultation request detailing your pet’s issue. Upload any pictures or videos, instant message, and talk with us face to face through a video conference call to help get your pet feeling better again.
Like all of you, we don't know when this will end, nor when our lives will return to normal but we will continue to strive to provide essential care to those animals that need it most while limiting everyone's exposure to this novel virus.
We are grateful for your trust and confidence in us and feel a strong sense of duty and commitment to be Here when you need us!